Quick Start Guide
Great Question Glossary
Setting Up Your Company Profile (Admins)
Setting Up Your Personal Profile
User Roles and Permissions
Build and Centralize your Panel
How do I change my password?
Plan and Billing Settings
How to Add Team Members to Your Account
Adding a Custom Consent Form to an Account
Great Question's Security Credentials
Is Great Question GDPR/CCPA compliant?
Change Your Company Logo
All about data processing agreements (DPAs)
How do I cancel my account?
Connecting Great Question to BigQuery (via Zapier)
Zapier Integreation (Beta)
SAML Integration via Okta
Great Question API
What is the candidate profile?
Primary and Secondary Attributes
Candidate Eligibility Settings
How do I search for a candidate?
How do I add candidates to my study?
Candidate Opt-In Options
Using URL Parameters
Great Question Study Basics
What is a shortlist and how do I use it?
Using the Great Question Scheduling Tool
Screeners and Surveys
Recruitment Email Statistics
Participant Management for Panel Studies
Participant Management for Interviews
Participant Management for Surveys
Participant Management for Unmoderated Studies
Participant Management for Online Tasks
Custom Study Attributes
Incentives Page (Admins)
How to Send Incentives
Send out-of-study incentives on Great Question
Research Repository Basics
All about managing tags
How to bulk import recordings
How to use and share Highlights
Releases & Updates
Table of Contents
- All Categories
- Salesforce Integration
Updated by Billy Dowell
Integrate Great Question Salesforce
Push custom attributes and unsubscribe statuses back to Salesforce
Connecting to Salesforce
- Click your profile in the bottom left corner
- Click Account
- Click Integrations
- Find Salesforce and click Connect. You will be redirected to your Salesforce workspace, so you can log in, in case you are not already.
- Once you log in, you will be redirected back to Great Question.
Run a manual import
- Once you are connected to Salesforce, you can go to the Candidates page to import new candidates from Salesforce.
- When you click Import from Salesforce, we will start importing the Contacts into Great Question.
- Keep in mind that this process can be slow, depending on how much data there is to be imported. Once it is finished, we will let you know:
- You can create custom attributes in Account > Candidate attributes.
- Select Salesforce when creating a new attribute and choose which field you want to get the information from.
- You will then see those values in the candidate's profile.